As a fast-growing law firm, we welcome inquiries from candidates who have strong qualifications and can provide a high level of quality work product for our clients. To apply for a position, please email your resume, writing sample, unofficial transcript, and cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to a large number of applications we received, we cannot respond to every application and will contact only candidates we intend to interview. No recruiters or phone inquiries, please.
Full-time Legal Assistant position with a boutique law firm that practices immigration law, business law, and intellectual property law. The main job duties involve:
- Serving as a Case Manager to work with clients;
- Preparing immigration forms and immigration documents;
- Communicating with clients regarding case progresses;
- Filing inquiries with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and other Federal agencies on behalf of the clients;
- Responding to requests for evidence by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and other Federal agencies;
- Managing case portfolios;
- Any other tasks assigned by Attorneys.
Preferred qualifications: B.S. or M.S. in any major graduates with an interest in developing a career in the legal industry.
Full-time position with a boutique law firm that practices immigration law, business law, and intellectual property law. We are seeking a Technical Editor/writer who can write, review, and edit petitions for complex immigration cases. The main duties will involve reviewing text written on a technical topic and identifying errors adherence to a specific style guide. Technical editing may also include substantive editing, including suggesting revisions to enhance clarity and overall quality of petitions for immigration cases. The position will work under the direct supervision of an attorney. This is an ideal role for someone with excellent writing, research, and analytical skills.
- Apply excellent proofreading and editing skills to case-writing content and other materials
- Research, analyze and write complex immigration cases
- Translate complex terminology into accessible, compelling, and relevant content for “outstanding researcher” and other petitions to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Create case strategy and work closely with Attorneys on writing projects
- Examines documents to verify the completeness and accuracy of data and makes changes as needed
- Work closely with members of the legal team to ensure the accuracy of all information.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- B.A. degree required, preferably in a discipline with a strong focus on writing and research
- Major in English, Journalism, Law, or Natural sciences preferred.
- Experience as a Legal, Case or Technical Writer is a plus
- Possess excellent writing and analytical skills as well as superior research skills related to immigration law and public policy issues
- Meet assigned deadlines and communicates case progress/status/issues to supervisor
- Demonstrate flexibility and initiative regarding assignments for self and team
- Must also attend to details, be task-oriented and able to work with others, and with a tolerance for ambiguity.